2010 Football Hall of Fame
The Queen’s Football Club inducted new honorees into the Football Hall of Fame at a dinner on October 22. The newest inductees include three teams (1956, 1964 and 1968), two builders (coach Bob Howes and defensive coordinator Bob Mullen) and five players. Bill Sirman, a halfback on the 1961 Yates Cup Championship team, and four football players from the 1990s: Mark Robinson, James Osborn, Jim Aru and Paul Correale. The inductees were also honoured at half-time during the football game the following day.
The gym at the Queen’s Athletics and Recreation Centre (ARC) was packed for the event, which was hosted by TSN sports announcer Rod Smith, a former football Gael himself.
The Football Hall of Fame was started in 1983. While the football club holds a Legacy football weekend every fall, and invites back former players and coaches, the Hall of Fame ceremony is now held every five years.
A digital display has been created of all the members of the Queen’s Football Hall of Fame. It can be viewed in the student lounge of the ARC.
More coverage of the 2010 Queen’s Football Hall of Fame inductees will be posted on the Queen’s Alumni Review later this month.