Researchers are required to fill out this online form when conducting research at Queen's University or within Affiliated Hospitals. You will need a Net ID to log onto DSS system. Please contact your DCRep (Departmental Computing Representative) if you do not have a Net ID. Please fill in your Department Head's email address under General Information for electronic routing/esignatures.
DSS should be prepared as soon as a grants application is submitted to the ORS for review. The form is "self-service" but parts will fill automatically once a researcher is registered in the system.
It must show:
* Your Department Head's email address. If you are the Department Head, it must show your Dean's email address
* The title of the project, which must match that in the contract
* The budget, which must match the budget as set out in the contract
* The appropriate indirect cost (overhead) rate
* The status of any required certifications
* Any special space requirements needed for the research
* Your Department Head's (or Dean's) signature
*Please note: the DSS system automatically forwards the form to your Department Head, and from your Department Head to ORS. However, it does not automatically notify the Grants Coordinator when it has arrived at ORS. If your file is urgent, please notify your ORS Coordinator reviewer as soon as your Department Head has signed the DSS.
When you need further assistance...
1. For DSS system questions, please contact Tom Herra at email@example.com or tel. ext.77433
2. For questions on how to make certain the DSS content matches your grant application and related budget, please contact Coordinator who has been involved in reviewing your file.