Testing and training will begin this fall for the transition to the new system on December 20.
"A project of this magnitude has the capacity to transform how we do business at Queen's," says V.P. (Human Resources) Rod Morrison. "We're hoping faculty, staff and students will benefit from town hall information sessions designed to familiarize them with the system and the timing to steps for implementing."
A number of information sessions are scheduled over the summer months. The first session on Thursday, July 15, at 10 am will be repeated on Wednesday, July 28 at 1:30 pm providing:
• an overview of the four major modules in the first release of the HR PeopleSoft system
• important new concepts and terminology that will be used after implementation
• some important process changes and key benefits that will affect users on campus
• a timeline and plans for testing, training, communications and engagement, and
• sources for more information including fact sheets and handouts at the sessions and online
Subsequent sessions will provide details about progress in preparing for the transition, and highlight changes to processes with the new system beginning with one on Wednesday, August 18 at 10 am that will be repeated on Wednesday, August 25 at 1:30 pm.
All sessions will include an open question and answer period.
All sessions are in the Kinesiology Building, room 100. The Kinesiology Building is located next to the Athletics & Recreation Centre, on Division Street opposite Dupuis Hall.