GENERAL RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD (GREB)
Any research project involving human subject, whether funded or not, must receive ethics approval of one of the Ethics Board prior to the start of the project. Health Sciences and Affiliated Teaching Hospitals submit to HSREB. Non-health sciences submit to the General Research Ethics Board (GREB). To determine if your project requires ethics, consult either the Tri-Council Policy Statement or the Ethics Office.
2nd edition of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, or "TCPS 2" has been released in November 2010
How to complete your ethics application?
- Complete the GREB Standard Application Form in Ethics Electronic System
- Submit all required information to the Unit REB
- Address any questions, concerns and corrections of your Unit REB
- Address any additional questions/concerns of the GREB
- Once all issues have been addressed, GREB will give an approval letter
- You may begin involving human subjects in your research
- The Board meets the first Wednesday of each month, except the January meeting is on the second Wednesday.
- Submissions for Full Board review are due two weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Submissions for Delegated Review are accepted anytime.
Please note that as of June 1st 2011 you can use Ethics electronic application system