Application Steps for Principal Investigators
Read and follow the agency guidelines for program objectives and criteria, and submission instructions.
Applicants are required to submit an electronic or hard copy of the application to Queen's URS no later than five(5) business days prior to the funding agency deadline for content and administrative review.
- In cases where the Dept. Head is also an applicant on the grant, then an equivalent Departmental Authority or a Dean's e-approval of the DSS or equivalent is required (e.g. Associate Dean [research]).
- The approval of external (non-Queen's) co-applicants may be required on the grant as well as the approval of their institutional authorities (hard copy or electronic approval).
- The signature of industrial or government partners on the application may be required.
It is the responsibility of applicants to obtain all required e-approvals and/or signatures.
If the application is being submitted in hard copy and multiple copies are required, it is the responsibility of the applicant to make copies. Given adequate time, URS will take responsibility for sending your application and copies via courier to the agency.
Create a Data Summary & Signature Sheet (DSS)
- URS requires Dept. Head e-approval of the DSS prior to application submission.
- If the application is being submitted in hard copy and requires the signature of the Dept. Head, the applicant must obtain the Dept. Head's signature and bring the signed hard copy (and any required copies, if applicable) to URS.
- The title of the DSS should be the same as the title of the grant application.