Writing winning proposals
- Read request for proposal (RFP) and all guidelines carefully.
- Call or email the ORS contact for any RFP updates, tips, etc. and to arrange a time for review of the draft proposal.
- Start writing the proposal as early as possible.
- Draft the proposal according to RFP guidelines. Use program criteria as subject headings if possible, and use tips and best practices from ORS and colleagues.
- Seek informal peer review before submitting to ORS for review.
- Complete a DSS.
- Bring to ORS for final review.
Best Practice documents
Information has been gathered from grant committee members, consultants, program officers and successful proposals to create several Best Practice guidelines for common funding programs. Click on the links below for access (
restricted to Queen's faculty, staff and students).
Knowledge Translation resources
Other Useful Resources