Admission Information & Requirements
The graduate program is administered under the rules and regulations of the School of Graduate Studies and applications are accepted under these general regulations.
Transcripts are to be sent directly from the issuing university to: School of Graduate Studies, Gordon Hall, Room 425, Queen's University, 74 Union Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L 3N6
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Full-time students are accepted into the Master of Science specializing in biostatistics program for a September start date each year
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2015
- All completed applications will be reviewed starting in February each year.
- Notification of Admission: March or early April. A second round of admission may happen at a later time depending the number of admissions accepted by applicants and the availability of faculty and funding resources.
- Submission by the earlier date offers a better chance of receiving available departmental funding.
- Honours (4 year) undergraduate degree with an overall average of 75%.
- Applicants must demonstrate sound analytical training, and a strong interest in applications in biology, life sciences, or health sciences.
- All applicants must submit two copies of their official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- International students from a non-English speaking university or students with English as a second language will require a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper) or TOEFL iBT minimum scores of: writing (24/30); speaking (22/30); reading (22/30); listening (20/30), for a total of 88/120. Applicants must have the minimum score in each test as well as the minimum overall score. The TOEFL institution code is 0949 and the department code is 50.
Important Application Form Information
For the 'Reference Information' section of the application
- If you wish to submit more than two reference letters, please note that your application will not be considered complete and will not be reviewed until ALL reference letters have been received.
- If you have been out of school for more than 5 years, please note that you may submit one academic reference and one professional reference. If you have been in school within 5 years, you are encouraged to submit two academic references.
- Please follow-up with your referees to ensure your reference letters have been submitted on time.
If, at any point, you would like to confirm completion of your application, please contact Tim Rosillo, MSc program with a specialization in biostatistics Graduate Assistant, email@example.com, if you applied through the Department of Public Health Sciences, or Jennifer Read, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you applied through the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.