We look forward to receiving your application for admission to one of our graduate programs.
Before you apply, please take note of the following:
- M.A.: 4-year undergraduate degree in political science or equivalent, minimum B+ average
- Ph.D.: M.A., political science or equivalent, A- average
For international students, if required, a TOEFL total score of at least 600 (paper-based) or TOEFL iBT minimum scores of: writing (24/30); speaking (22/30); reading (22/30); listening (20/30), for a total of 88/120. Applicants must have the minimum score in each test as well as the minimum overall score.
- We only take applications for September admission.
- We do not consider applications for admission to part-time studies.
- If you are not a Canadian citizen or a legal resident of Canada, you should be aware that international student fees are significantly higher than domestic fees. For more information on tuition, payment plans, and important dates visit the Registrar's Office website.
- When you apply, you will automatically be considered for financial assistance. However, you are expected to pursue other funding opportunities for graduate studies as well, such as
- Canada Graduate Scholarships (Master's Scholarships)
For the Master’s program the Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s (CGS M) competition application is now done online through the “Research Portal”. When you submit your application the “Research Portal” will allow the application to be submitted to up to five universities. Universities now process and award the scholarships in accordance to their allocation.
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Doctoral Fellowships
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships
The Queen’s University OGS competition is open to any eligible graduate student registered in or any eligible applicant to, a graduate program in the School of Graduate Studies. The Queen’s OGS award must be taken up at Queen’s; it is not transferrable to another institution.
- or scholarships offered through the
Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.