Whether you are new to purchasing goods/services through Queen’s PeopleSoft system, or just need a refresher on the processes, the below information will assist you in successfully submitting a Purchase Requisition (ultimately a Purchase Order) into PeopleSoft.
Requestors will place orders through Queen’s PeopleSoft system for multiple reasons, such as:
- The order value is over the single/monthly transaction limit on their Visa Procurement Card
- The goods/service required is a restricted commodity for purchasing on their Visa Procurement Card
- There is a requirement for a Standing Purchase Order
- There is a requirement for a Purchase Order number to order the desired goods/services
New to PeopleSoft
You will need to complete the necessary training before access can be granted for the Requestor Role.
- A FIN-FRM-007A form will need to be submitted in order for your name to be included on the upcoming training invitation list and to ensure an accurate creation of your PeopleSoft User Profile
PeopleSoft Finance Security Access Request (ensure you select the Requestor Role box)
- Please contact Procurement’s Systems Administrator, for information on upcoming training sessions and to sign up.
Currently a Requestor
Please contact Procurement’s Systems Administrator for:
PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade Training
- Access the training site on Moodle: https://moodle.queensu.ca/2014-15/dashboard.php.
- Click on Log in (at the top of the page in the banner) using your NetID.
- In the ‘Search all courses’ field, type the course name which is: PeopleSoft 9.2 Finance Upgrade Training Site.
- Read the ‘Welcome’ tab.
- Then the ‘How to’ information tab.
- Proceed to the training that corresponds to your work in PeopleSoft Financials.
PS Procurement Blog Details
Procurement’s Systems Administrator has developed and maintains a blog, designed to communicate with Queen’s Requestors on PS Procurement information, such as:
- Personal Experiences
PS Procurement Blog
Comments, questions or suggestions can be submitted when you “follow” our PSA’s blog.
Happy PS Requisitioning!
Procurement Systems Administrator
Tel: 613-533-2236 (or x.32236)
It is necessary for your computer to have Adobe Reader installed to access the PeopleSoft Finance Security Access Request. For installation or updates, please click here.