- Are you between the ages of 18 and 24 and completing your undergraduate studies?
- Are you highly motivated, with a desire to broaden your horizons?
- Are you interested in studying at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom?
- Would you like to follow in the footsteps of such luminaries as Edwin Hubble, Bill Clinton, Naomi Wolf, James William Fulbright and Bill Bradley?
Value of Scholarship
Up to eleven Rhodes Scholarships are awarded annually to Canadian students for two years of study (with the possibility of an additional year) at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
The stipend of a Rhodes Scholarship consists of:
a direct payment to the University and the Scholar’s College of approved fees
maintenance allowance, paid directly to the Scholar at the rate of not less than £1075 per month to cover board, lodging and other living expenses
- born between October 2, 1988 and October 1, 1994
- will have obtained an undergraduate degree by September 1, 2013
- literary and scholastic achievements
- energy to use one’s talents to the full
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness, and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
Completed application forms and supplementary documents must be submitted electronically to the Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 14, 2012.
Applications must be submitted online to the Rhodes Trust by October 12, 2012.