- Perform receptionist duties, which may include answering the phone and greeting walk-in visitors, taking messages, and scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Perform word processing tasks. This typically consists of completing or initiating routine correspondence, notes memos, minutes, form letters, and course work. Verify accuracy and correct errors. May also require knowledge of technical or medical terminology and notations, or complex formatting skills.
- Perform other administrative duties such as sorting and distributing mail, distributing and retrieving information, booking rooms, maintaining inventory, and operating office equipment (photocopier, fax).
- Communicate with students, staff, faculty and general public. This contact may be in person, over the phone, or through the mail. Provide information about department and programs, prepare information packages, and redirect enquiries to appropriate individual as required.
- Perform clerical duties as required, including updating and maintaining file systems, placing orders, preparing lists, entering data, or routine bookkeeping, under supervision.
- Responsible for day to day administration of Ethics procedures.