Academic Advisor and
Assistant to the
| T: 613.533.2493
225 Humphrey Hall
62 Arch Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
|Under the guidance of the Chair of Undergraduate Studies, I am responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Undergraduate Office. Courses, exams, grades, timetabling, preregistration, undergraduate listserv and class lists.
- Coordination of Preregistration and Registration: Prepare required reports; organize information sessions; work closely with the Chair of Undergraduate Studies in decision-making process for preregistration ensuring Academic Regulation 3 "Enrolment Priorities" is applied; direct data entry onto sisa; assist students; coordinate with aso for sectioning process;
- Honours Students: process honours applications; maintain student files; preparation of degree list (update degree audits); prepare background material for the committee regarding recommendation of students for awards; administrative assistance with preparation of nserc, summer nserc, ogs, sshrc, cihr applications; process letters of permission and transfer credits; maintain database for thesis students and provide administrative support for organizing orals; arrange thesis binding; prepare confirmation letters regarding registration/good standing for students at their request; produce reports from gql, pcfdb and access;
- Psyc 100: Provide administrative support for psyc 100 including; ensuring the Head T.A. is aware and following through on key administrative deadlines duties; scheduling of T.A. hours; tracking problems; correction/calculation of grades & coordinating such with T.A.'s; electronic submission of grades; owner of psy100-l listserve ensuring students are informed of all relevant information regarding exams, classes, university deadlines/policies, etc; facilitate resolution of student difficulties; act as secretary to psyc 100 committee.
- Exams, Grades & Monitoring of Student Issues: administration of all exam questionnaires ensure grade sheets are filled out correctly, signed & countersigned; take appropriate actions for students in crisis (eg. illness/exam); set-up special needs exam arrangements when necessary; track student problems by course & notify professors of difficulty and resolution; refer students to appropriate agencies on campus, making an appointment for them if deemed necessary.
- Timetable Preparation: Coordinates the collection of timetable data (Tier I and Tier II constraints, etc.) ensuring that there are no undergraduate program conflicts, meet aso timetabling deadlines, update departmental databases & posters.