| T: 613.533.2874
232 Humphrey Hall
62 Arch Street
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
|I am the Administrative Secretary to Dr. Wendy Craig, Head of Department. Please see me if you have questions regarding tenure, reappointment or promotion, or if you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Craig.
- Perform administrative support duties such as screening phone calls, initiating and drafting often-sensitive correspondence, scheduling and assisting in preparation of reports and exams. Assist with committee work and special projects. Revise the web page for the department or unit, and expand links to and from the home page. Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the public and redirect complex problems as required. Provide reception services as necessary.
- Agenda and information management including maintaining and updating a database of key deadlines to ensure that all administrative procedures conducted through the Head’s Office are performed during the appropriate timeline.
- Issue and receive keys and “fob” keys to/from faculty/staff/students etc. as required for Humphrey/Craine buildings. Responsible for preparing, editing and uploading Weekly Memo to the Departmental website.
- Assist in the preparation of committee work. Secretary to the Merit Committee, Appointments Committee and the Tenure, Reappointment and Promotion Committee. Prepare agenda and back-up materials. Compile and research information for each of those committees. Take and compile minutes for distribution. Act as a resource person for all procedures according to the Queen’s University Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
- Perform financial and accounting duties including account reconciliation; assisting with budget preparation; resolving account problems; salary discrepancies and financial issues when processing financial transactions; and ordering equipment and supplies using the University Purchase Order system and/or University Visa Card in adherence to the Procurement Services purchasing policies and procedures. Navigate PeopleSoft to ensure employment contracts are processed; and enter casual timesheets for bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform other administrative duties such as sorting and distribution of mail/e-mail, sending/receiving courier deliveries, distributing and retrieving information from various sources including scanning documents to PDF, maintaining inventory of supplies (keys and copy cards), requisition printing services, and operating office equipment.