The Science Directorate of the American Psychological Association (APA) will sponsor its Summer Science Fellowship program, hosted by the Psychology Department at George Mason University, June 8 - July 20, 2013. Up to twelve students who are current juniors will be selected for this six-week, paid summer research internship. Students will be selected for experiences in one of several areas of psychology, including biological, applied developmental, applied cognitive, neuroscience, clinical, school, and industrial/organizational. Students currently enrolled in US or Canadian colleges are eligible. International students at US or Canadian institutions may apply; US citizenship is not required. Students from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The application deadline is February 11, 2013. Please visit the
website for more information about the program. Contact
or call 202-336-6000 if you have questions.
Queen's University Faculty Association (QUFA) - Professor Kenneth Westhues
, Department of Sociology, University of Waterloo, Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 4:00pm, in the Atrium of the Agnes Etherington Art Gallery. "Mobbing: a Hard Fact of Academic Life. How to Eliminate an Undesired Colleague". All members of the University community, faculty, students and administrators are welcome to attend. A wine and cheese reception will follow the talk and discussion. For abstract click here.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES Queen's Department of Philosophy - announces the new Abby Benjamin Postdoctoral Fellowship in Animal Studies.
This is a one-year non-renewable 12 month fellowship. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated expertise in animal ethics, law and public policy, show evidence of teaching potential, and be able to participate constructively in departmental and collegial activities. The 2013-14 fellowship will start on July 1, 2013. Applicants must have submitted their doctoral dissertation by that date, and must be within five years of having received their doctorate. Applications should be sent to the Department of Philosophy, Queen's University by February 1, 2013. Université de Montréal and McGill University
- Post-doctoral Position - The costs of criminal activity in Canada. January 2013 - July 2015. Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. by January 2013. Please send curriculum vitae and a letter describing reasons for applying for this position to Dr. Sheilagh Hodgins,
For more information click here. University of Victoria - Statistician/Research Associate
- Applications are invited from Canadian PhD graduates to work with two longitudinal projects. The first is a five wave study evaluating the effectiveness of the WITS Programs for the prevention of peer victimization and bullying (
). The second is a five wave study of youth transitions to young adulthood - the Victoria Healthy Youth Survey. This position is funded by ongoing grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the Public Health Agency of Canada. A start date of January 2013 is possible. Applications will be reviewed starting December 15, 2012 and will continue until a qualified applicant is found. For more information click
. ETZ Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
- Applied Cognitive Science & Design Research Opportunities at ETH Zurich
- Starting February 2013, a new research group will be established at ETH Zurich with a focus on Applied Cognitive Science, especially linking cognitive science research to interactive systems and architectural design. The group is hosted in the Behavior section of the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, with strong links to computer science and architecture. Expressions of interest from graduate students and young researchers are now being received. Depending on level of experience, post-doctoral researchers can join the group either as Post-Docs (Assistant) or on a lecturer/senior-lecturer level (Oberassistent). If you are interested in contributing to Applied Cognitive Science and shaping our new group, please get in touch. Ideally include a statement of interest and a short CV. Email:
. For more information click
. Grant MacEwan University, Department of Psychology
- invites applications for a continuing faculty member at the Assistant Professor level commencing July 1, 2013. We are seeking applicants with a specialization in developmental and/or clinical psychology. The ability to teach in other areas of Psychology would be an asset. Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, recent teaching evaluations, a statement of teaching interests and experience, a statement of research interests, samples of research productivity, and graduate transcripts. Closing date: February 1, 2013. For further information, contact the department chair, Dr. Melike Schalomon, at
or (780)497-5331, or visit the department website at
. For more information click