WEEK of 30 NOVEMBER 2012
(Held in HUM 228 unless otherwise noted)
|December 5, 2012
||Graduate Committee Meeting
|December 6, 2012
|December 13, 2012
||P & P Meeting
|December 20, 2012
AGSIP (Association of Graduate Students in Psychology) is pleased to welcome you to the
Graduate Student, Faculty, and Staff Holiday Party- Thursday December 13th from 8:00 - midnight. Location - Kingston Yacht Club, 1 Maitland Street. Tickets $5.00 - can be purchased in the main office (HUM232). Tickets will be on sale until Wednesday December 12th. (Please bring a small gift if you would like to participate in the gift exchange.
APA Summer Science Fellowships for undergraduates -
The Science Directorate of the American Psychological Association (APA) will sponsor its Summer Science Fellowship program, hosted by the Psychology Department at George Mason University, June 8 - July 20, 2013. Up to twelve students who are current juniors will be selected for this six-week, paid summer research internship. Students will be selected for experiences in one of several areas of psychology, including biological, applied developmental, applied cognitive, neuroscience, clinical, school, and industrial/organizational. Students currently enrolled in US or Canadian colleges are eligible. International students at US or Canadian institutions may apply; US citizenship is not required. Students from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The application deadline is February 11, 2013. Please visit the
Summer Science Fellowship
website for more information about the program. Contact
or call 202-336-6000 if you have questions.
Providence Care - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills: Leading Collaborative & Effective Therapy Groups with Michaela David, Ph.D., C. Psych.
Two-Day Course: January 21 & 22, 2013.
This course will emphasize CBT skills for effective groups, including: the benefits of group CBT: group selection, safety and set-up: tips for agenda and goal setting; using Socratic dialogue and other methods to enhance the group process; using commom CBT tools in a group; capturing client strengths and resilience; and common therapist errors in CBT group settings. For registration form click here
JOB OPPORTUNITIES McMaster University - Teaching-Track Positions - Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour.
The Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour (PNB) and the Life Sciences Program at McMaster University invite applications for two Teaching-track Faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level, to begin on July 1, 2013. The primary duties of both teaching-track positions will be to teach and mentor undergraduate students in the PNB and the Life Sciences programs. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, or other related Life Science discipline, as well as experience teaching undergraduate students. You may email
your application on or before the deadline of February 15, 2013.
Halpern & Associates Psychological Services - Private Practice Opportunity.
A well-established private practice in Cobourg, Ontario. The position provides the opportunity to exercise and develop clinical skills while working with clients who seek psychological services. A knowledge base and skill set pertaining to conducting clinical assessments for the purpose of treatment planning or psychoeducational assessments to aid in academic planning would be an advantage. The clinic welcomes applicants at any point in their professional career, including seasoned practitioners, early career psychologists, or candidates seeking supervision for licensure. Please visit the website here
for further information.
Simpson College -
is seeking applications for a tenure-tract Assistant Professor position in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience. If you are a qualified individual who wants a career at an undergraduate liberal arts college, please send in your application. The position posting can be found here
Université de Montréal and McGill University
- Post-doctoral Position - The costs of criminal activity in Canada. January 2013 - July 2015. Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. by January 2013. Please send curriculum vitae and a letter describing reasons for applying for this position to Dr. Sheilagh Hodgins,
For more information click here. University of Victoria - Statistician/Research Associate
- Applications are invited from Canadian PhD graduates to work with two longitudinal projects. The first is a five wave study evaluating the effectiveness of the WITS Programs for the prevention of peer victimization and bullying (
). The second is a five wave study of youth transitions to young adulthood - the Victoria Healthy Youth Survey. This position is funded by ongoing grants from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the Public Health Agency of Canada. A start date of January 2013 is possible. Applications will be reviewed starting December 15, 2012 and will continue until a qualified applicant is found. For more information click
. ETZ Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
- Applied Cognitive Science & Design Research Opportunities at ETH Zurich
- Starting February 2013, a new research group will be established at ETH Zurich with a focus on Applied Cognitive Science, especially linking cognitive science research to interactive systems and architectural design. The group is hosted in the Behavior section of the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, with strong links to computer science and architecture. Expressions of interest from graduate students and young researchers are now being received. Depending on level of experience, post-doctoral researchers can join the group either as Post-Docs (Assistant) or on a lecturer/senior-lecturer level (Oberassistent). If you are interested in contributing to Applied Cognitive Science and shaping our new group, please get in touch. Ideally include a statement of interest and a short CV. Email:
. For more information click
. Grant MacEwan University, Department of Psychology
- invites applications for a continuing faculty member at the Assistant Professor level commencing July 1, 2013. We are seeking applicants with a specialization in developmental and/or clinical psychology. The ability to teach in other areas of Psychology would be an asset. Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, recent teaching evaluations, a statement of teaching interests and experience, a statement of research interests, samples of research productivity, and graduate transcripts. Closing date: February 1, 2013. For further information, contact the department chair, Dr. Melike Schalomon, at
or (780)497-5331, or visit the department website at
. For more information click
Click below to go to the weekly memo archive