2013 Room of Horrors Registration
Is your patient safe? Are you safe?
Increase your awareness of patient and provider safety by participating in Canadian Patient Safety Week.
To register, simply send us an email with your name, faculty, and availability to join an inter-professional team.
About Canadian Patient Safety Week
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute launched Canadian Patient Safety Week as a national annual campaign in 2005 as part of its mandate to build and advance a safer health system for Canadians. The goal is to increase awareness of patient safety issues and share information about best practices in patient safety. The theme: Ask. Listen. Talk – promotes the importance of communication between and among patients, clients, consumers and providers and applies to all healthcare settings and sectors.
How it works
- Send us an Email and you will be placed into an inter-professional team at a scheduled time. Please advise us if there is a time during the event (5-8 pm) you are not available.
- On the evening of October 29th, between 5:00 – 8:00 pm, competing inter-professional teams will be scheduled in 35-45 minute time periods to investigate safety hazards staged in the Faculty of Health Sciences Patient Simulation Labs, Cataraqui Building (School of Nursing), 92 Barrie St.
- Prizes will be awarded to teams who identify the most potentially harmful events. In the event of a tie, a draw will be made.
- Build your resume
- Receive a certificate of participation
- Collaborate with students & residents in other disciplines
- Increase your awareness of patient and provider safety
- It’s free & it’s fun!
- Free food & prizes