Step 1: Investigate relevant library resources and services.
Step 2: Start to study topic in depth by finding relevant sources.
- Find Books Search QCAT for all Queen's Library books and view location and availability information
Use WorldCat to identify books at many other libraries nationwide
Check-out E-Books, the electronic book collections, which are key for certain disciplines
Search for article in an appropriate article index
Search QCAT for journal location & availability information
Submit Interlibrary Loan requests for books and journal articles not owned by the Queen's Library
- Find Journal Articles
- Scan bibliographies/reference lists of articles for additional references
- Look at Dissertations Search for dissertations on your topic
- Study Newspapers, if relevant to your topic
- Link to your professional association web sites
- Ask professors and colleagues for syllabi with bibliographies from relevant courses