Graduate Student Resources
- Stauffer Library has a Graduate Students Reading Room, located in the northeast corner of the third floor. See a library floorplan for directions.
- Stauffer Library offers a limited number of individual carrels and enclosed study rooms which can be reserved by graduate students for their personal use. A $25.00 key deposit is required for these facilities. For more information, ask at the Stauffer Library Circulation Desk for a copy of the Study Room and Research Carrel Application.
Writing Resources for Graduate Students
- Graduate students are entitled to up to ten, free, one-on-one writing tutorials during the Fall-Winter term, and up to six during the Spring-Summer term. Call the Writing Centre to book an appointment (613-533-6315) or visit their website for more information.
Research Resources for Graduate Students
- Library research guides for graduate students.
- Library guide on preparing and writing a thesis at Queen's.
- One-on-one research help with your liaison librarian.
- Use a citation manager program, 'RefWorks'.
- Access materials from other libraries using Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Services (RACER)
- Expanding Horizons workshop series offered by the School of Graduate Studies. These workshops cover topics like applying for funding, getting published, job-seeking, thesis writing, and many more.
- School of Graduate Studies' Guide to Graduate Supervision. This is useful for graduate students, faculty members and academic departments.