Queen's University
Post-Doctoral Fellows

Queens Univ.
Home Page

This site best viewed with Mozilla Firefox


Click here to join the QPA Yahoo group
Click to join the
QPA Yahoo group

Income and Taxes.

Canadians are required to pay taxes which support health care, education systems, and infrastructure such as roads, street lighting, signage, water service and maintenance, law enforcement, and more.

All individuals working in Canada are required to pay provincial and federal taxes, whether or not they are Canadian citizens. Annually, every person earning an income in Canada submits a Canada Customs and Revenue tax return.

International Post-Docs are required to pay taxes on all income earned in Canada from their date of arrival.

For non-working spouses you may also need to obtain a temporary tax number. You will need this for a joint tax return and/or for child tax benefits that you can apply for.

Web Pages Created by bcoe, wturner & cmeehan