Canadian English Experience Program
Explore Canadian Culture While Learning English!
Canadian English Experience program is a short-term English program, which provides you with an opportunity to learn English and to explore Canada. This student-centered immersion program focuses on developing speaking and listening skills using Canadian cultural and social content.
Queen's University and the City of Kingston offer an ideal English-immersion environment to international students.
Learn English during Winter
Discover the beauty of a Canadian winter!
There are many fun and exciting opportunities to enjoy winter in Canada while learning English.
Learn English during Summer
Explore Canada during one of the best seasons of the year - summer!
Queen's University is located only a few steps from the beautiful waterfront of Lake Ontario and Kingston's vibrant downtown area.
- 3-4 weeks in the summer or winter
- 18 hours of classroom instruction per week
- 2 hours of guided excursions per week
- Many exciting excursions and trips are included in the program fee
Example of Weekend Trips
- Explore Canada's capital, Ottawa
- Discover the charm of Montreal
- Experience the excitement of Toronto and the beauty of Niagara Falls
*Combination of the trips depends on the season when the program runs.
Example of Guided Excursions
- Canadian university students will lead classes to a different Kingston venue/attraction every week. These venues will be tied to the course theme.
- 2 hours per week
- Summer excursions: 1000 Island boat cruise, Fort Henry, St. George's Cathedral and other local areas.
- Winter excursions: watching a live Canadian hockey game, cross-country skiing (weather permitting),the Agnes Etherington Art Centre, and other local areas
*Guided excursion destinations are subject to availability.