What Should I Look for in an Agent
School of English programs are represented by education agents in many countries. Please see the page: Get in contact with an Agent for the list of “official representatives” of the School of English.
In some countries, we do not have official Queen's School of English agents, but we do accept student applications submitted by independent agents.
If you are looking for an education agent in a country where we do not have official representatives, we suggest the following guidelines.
Look for an agency that:
- Has information about Canada, the Canadian education system, and Canadian immigration policies and procedures
- Has been in business a minimum of two years
- Has a well equipped office, with Internet access, fax machine, etc.
- Is a member of your country’s governing body for education agents
- Is a member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIC)
- Can speak your language and English very well
- Provides you with references of satisfied students they have helped
- Asks you many questions about where you want to study, what program of study you are looking for, and your budget
- Does not push one or two schools or educational institutions, but offers many options to you