Intensive English Program
This intensive summer English language program is for international students who wish to improve their confidence and fluency for personal, professional or academic purposes.
"Learn English, Experience Queen's, Explore Cultures"
Class activities include gathering information from people, lectures, and readings, organizing findings, and presenting ideas in informal discussions and formal debates. Each student will make a final, formal oral presentation on a topic of their choice.
• 21 hours of classroom instruction per week
• 2 hours of campus and local tours per week
• All guided tours and a one-day excursion are included in the program fee
• A socio-cultural program offering weekday afterschool activities led by Queen’s students
This program is ideal for students with intermediate to advanced levels of English.
Explore and Experience
This program includes:
• visits to museums and laboratories at Queen’s University, ranked as one of the top universities in Canada (Maclean’s, 2012)
• guided trips to historic sites in the community of Kingston, Ontario, a UNESCO world heritage destination
• an excursion to Ottawa, the capital city of Canada
One optional trip is available to a major destination (Toronto/Niagara Falls or Montreal). Students can purchase tickets for this trip after their arrival.