Pre-MBA QBridge Program
English Language Preparation
This intensive language program is designed to prepare students for a Master in Business Administration (MBA) program. Students can take this program as a Pathway to Queen’s MBA or for Individual Preparation for any MBA program.
Students in this program develop communication skills for graduate degree studies in a business context, by addressing all four language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The program also focuses on the expectations and communication conventions of a Canadian academic institution, including group work, class participation, critical thinking, and academic integrity. Weekly professional activities provide opportunities to practice business communication skills in a real-life setting.
Special attention will be given to:
- reading fluency and speed
- communication skills for working with large and small groups
- synthesizing information and expressing ideas and opinions in written and oral form
- vocabulary expansion
- professional presentation skills
- cultural competence in the Canadian workplace
- linguistic skills for effective cross-cultural business communication
|Dates||October 27 - December 18, 2014|
|Schedule||21 hours of classroom instruction per week, Monday to Friday|
|Class Size||Average of 10 students per class|
|Fee||$4,990 Canadian dollars per person|
- Queen’s Athletic and Recreation Center gym pass
- Access to Queen’s University libraries and electronic resources
- Access to Kingston Transit (city bus pass)
- All resource materials required for classes
- UHIP Health Insurance (mandatory for international students)
- All personal and travel expenses
Students who apply to the Queen’s full-time MBA and are offered a conditional acceptance to the MBA Program by the MBA admissions team will be referred to the School of English for the Pre-MBA QBridge Program. Successful completion of the Pre-MBA QBridge Program (minimum B standing) allows entry to the MBA Program.
How to Apply to Queen's MBA
- Candidates must apply for an MBA program through Queen's School of Business.
- Eligible participants will be referred to Queen’s School of English by the MBA admissions team when they are offered a conditional acceptance.
- Once the offer is issued, Queen’s School of English will contact the participants and provide them with registration details for the Pre-MBA QBridge Program.
Students interested in enrolling in the Pre-MBA QBridge Program for individual preparation prior to applying to an MBA program must meet the following program requirements:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- English Language Proficiency level of TOEFL iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0
How to Apply
Students who are applying to the Pre-MBA QBridge Program to prepare for graduate studies in a business field in the future must submit the application form, which can be found below:
Pre-MBA QBridge Application Form (429 KB)