English Language Programs
We offer the following English language programs:
- An intensive English language program that prepares students for university or college studies in English.
- This program is also suitable for those who are currently enrolled in a university or have completed their university education and wish to improve their academic English skills.
- An English Proficiency Exam Waiver is available for application to Queen's University degree program.
- 12 weeks
- 22.5 hours of classroom instruction per week.
- Offers an exciting opportunity to experience Canada in the summer or winter while learning English.
- 3-4 weeks
- 18 hours of classroom instruction and 2 hours of guided excursions per week.
- University preparation program for students who have already received a conditional offer of acceptance to an undergraduate program at Queen's University.
- Prepares students for the linguistic demands and high-level performance expectations of MBA program at Queen's School of Business.
The proficiency that students gain in our courses is beneficial in any field of study or profession.
- Students in our programs receive formal instruction in integrated classes for all four language skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing).
- Class size may vary from session to session but is generally between 12 and 17 students (average class size: 15).
- All students sign a formal pledge promising to speak only English in class, on campus, on school activities, in residence and in homestay.
- Our students are registered as students at Queen's University and may use all of the university facilities provided for Queen's students.
- The program teaches standard Canadian English.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the numerous socio-cultural activities designed to improve their English skills.
Marks and Credits
Our courses are not-for-credit at Queen's University, but students who achieve good marks in the courses may receive credit at their own institutions.
At the completion of the program, we provide students with full descriptions of their courses, and students who have made satisfactory progress are awarded a certificate.
Queen's University provides transcripts which record the final marks in our courses. Students may order official transcripts from the Office of the University Registrar.
Fees and Dates
All fees are in Canadian dollars. Prices are approximate and subject to change. For exact fees, please contact the School of English office and inquire about a particular session.