Why Choose Queen's School of English (QSoE)?
Quality of Programs
- We have been providing English language instruction since 1942
- Our school is one of the longest running language schools of its kind in Canada
Improve your English Faster
- Speaking and listening skills improve far more quickly because students use English at all times
- QSoE and the city of Kingston provide an excellent English immersion environment
Study at a Leading University!
- Queen's is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Canada
- Queen's ranked as one of the top two universities for the Medical/Doctoral category by Maclean's magazine, 2008
- Queen's MBA program is ranked as one of the top in Canada
- Queen's welcomes international students from more than 95 different countries
- More than 1300 international students study at Queen's University each year
Admission to Queen's University or St. Lawrence College
- Students who achieve a high standing in ESLA 140 or ESLA150 at QSoE can obtain an English proficiency exam waiver for application to an undergraduate or graduate program at Queen's University
- Students can use successful completion of ESLA 140 or ESLA150 at QSoE to satisfy the English language proficiency requirement for application to St. Lawrence College.
Get the Queen's Experience
- QSoE students have access to all facilities on campus including the library, physical education centre and over 400 different student clubs
- QSoE classes and residence are located on campus with other Queen's students-giving you plenty of opportunity to practice your English while learning about Canadian culture
- Kingston, Ontario is ranked as the 3rd best city to live in Canada by Money Sense in 2012.
- Located on Lake Ontario, steps from the waterfront and Kingston's vibrant down-town, our campus offers the perfect blend of leading edge facilities and small-town comfort.
- Kingston is well situated for excursions to Canada's larger cities; only a few short hours from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal
- Each year, Kingston is home for over 25,000 students studying at Queen's University, St. Lawrence College and the Royal Military College