· Planned PeopleSoft Outage
o On Friday, Apri1 4 at 5:00pm, your SOLUS Student Center will be shut down and unavailable over the weekend so that Queen’s ITS team can upgrade essential application files to the PeopleSoft system. We expect your SOLUS Student Center and PeopleSoft will be back up and running at 12:30am Monday, April 7.
o During the planned outage it means that you will not be able to, for example:
§ Order or print a transcript
§ Print Verification of Enrolment forms
§ Check your fee account
§ Print a fee statement
§ Apply to graduate
§ Perform any other function using your SOLUS Student Center
o Because final exams begin on Thursday, April 10th, we have posted a PDF copy of the Winter 2014 final exam timetable in a separate location outside of PeopleSoft for your convenience. It will continue to be available during the entire month of April. The link to this PDF version can be found at: http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/exams.html . Please note that you will need your NetID and password in order to access it.
o Please make sure you go into SOLUS to get what you need before April 4. If you are ordering a transcript, get your order in by March 31 so we have time to process your request.
o If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Office of the University Registrar Client Services desk on the ground floor of Gordon Hall. We’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
· Graduating this spring?
o Check “maintain Convocation details” in SOLUS and tell us the number of guests coming to your ceremony – seating is limited and tickets are required for most ceremonies!
o Missed your deadline to apply ? Check your Faculty timeline to find out (click on “Step 1”) and contact your Faculty/School for help.
· Do you have questions regarding the repayment of government student loans? Information is available on the Student Awards website .
· The deadline to file taxes is quickly approaching…
o Information on your T2202A is at this link .
· The April exam schedule is posted in SOLUS – in “Academics”, choose the drop down menu “Other Academic” and choose “Exam Schedule”.
· Queen’s is committed to an inclusive and accessible campus community! Student records and resources are available in alternative formats. Email email@example.com or come into Gordon Hall, Room 125 for more information.
· Now that your email account has been migrated, you are part of the Global Address List at Queen’s. Not sure what that is or how to opt out? Take a look at the ITS website for details.
· Have you applied to graduate, but plan to take a class this summer? Contact the Arts & Science Faculty office and ask to be admitted into a post-degree program.
Summer Term registration opened March 3. Pick your classes today!
· Spend your summer living at the Castle! Application for Digital Humanities Field School is open until May 9th! To find out more about the programs and financial assistance please visit the Bader International Study Centre website .
· Applications for the Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 Upper Year terms are now open! You can spend your fall or winter semester at the Castle, taking credits towards your degree in an intimate setting with exciting field trips! Check out our new upper year offerings on the BISC website .
· Summer Term General Bursary - The Summer General Bursary is now available on SOLUS (Student Centre), with a deadline to apply of May 31, 2014.
· Summer Term Work Study - Work Study does run over the Summer Term. Fill out the application on the Awards website here and return it to the Awards office by May 4, 2014.
· The latest SGPS Newsletter is ready!
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in Gordon Hall!