Office of the University Registrar Newsletter - October 2013
The new study year is well underway, and whether you’re new to Queen’s or returning, you are starting to get back into the rhythm of things.
We would invite you to take a minute to check out what you might need to be doing this month!
- If you drop a course, you can still obtain a partial tuition refund up to November 2nd, but you need to tell us about it! Fill out the formto request a refund.
- Printable Student Fee Statements are now available through SOLUS. Statements come in a PDF format and can be produced by term. For more information, as well as navigation instructions, visit our information page for more.
- Applications for the 2013-14 Queen’s General Bursary are being accepted until October 31st. You can find the application in SOLUS by clicking on the “General Bursary” link in the Financial Aid section.
- Students enrolled in full-time studies who have received government student loan funding in the past but are not accessing funding for the current academic year, must complete the appropriate Confirmation of Enrolment. Please contact the Student Awards Office. (Students enrolled in full-time studies who have had their 2013-2014 government funding delayed, should also ensure a confirmation of enrolment is in place.)
- Fall 2013 Graduation is coming! Have you met your degree requirements and are ready to graduate in the Fall? You need to submit an Application to Graduate in SOLUS no later than October 15th. You can also contact the AMS to order your hood and gown for the ceremony – they are taking orders online until November 7th.
- Please update your emergency contact information in SOLUS. We use this to get in touch with whoever you list in case of an emergency and it is extremely important. Check out the screenshots to learn what to do.
- Download Sequre, the Queen’s University Student Safety App, to access many of the university’s safety resources with the push of a button. Visit the student safety website for more on and off campus safety info!
- Microsoft Lync is a free service now available to all students. Lync is a collaboration tool with IM, chat and audio/video conferencing features that is fully integrated with Queen's email and calendar service. For more information, please see the service announcement on the ITServices website.
- Have an idea for an event, activity or program to support student mental health? The Jack Project @ Queen's Student Initiative Fund can help you make it happen! Apply by October 30!
- Your December exam schedule will be posted in SOLUS (times only) by October 11th. If you have an exam conflict or need special accommodation, arrangements need to be made as soon as possible.
- Registration for the Winter term at the BISC is now open! Check out the list of courses.
- The end of Fall Term is the last date for new incoming students to have Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureat and GCE final results for courses you took in high school to be assessed for Transfer Credit, is.
- If you have not previously had these results assessed and would like them to be, please print the Transfer Credit Request form, available online, and submit it to the Client Service Desk on the second floor of Gordon Hall. Forms are also available at the Client Service Desk in Gordon Hall. Requests received after the end of Fall Term of your first year at Queen’s will not be considered.
If you need help, click on CONTACT US. You can email us, call us, or come in to see us in