Welcome Undergraduate Exchange Students
Primary - University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) Payment Reminder;
- The Primary University Health Insurance Plan is mandatory for all international students.
- For Fall or Full-Year admission the payment deadline is 01 August 2010. For Winter admission the payment deadline is 01 December 2010.
- Complete the online UHIP application at http://quic.queensu.ca/incoming/uhip-studentpre-registration.asp.
Activate your Queen's NetID
- Your NetID will be the 'User ID' you will need to sign onto the applications and services that are operated by ITServices such as MyQueen's Portal, WebCT, QShare,Wiki, etc.
- All visiting exchange students wil lbe required to activate their Queen's NetID. You may choose to activate your Queen's NetID, during the scheduled QCARD registration and student card validation session, when you arrive on campus. Queen's School of Business students are required to complete this process in June to proceed in the registration process.
- You can activate your Queen's NetID through the MyQueen's Portal at https://my.queensu.ca/portal/dt.
How to Activate your NetID
- Click on the 'Don't have NetID? link. This will take you to the 'Manage My Profile' page.
- Once there, click on the 'Activate your NetID under the Students column to go to the 'NetID Account Activation' page.
- Once there, you must;
- Read the 'Queen's Computer User Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Procedures'.
- Enter your student number and your date of birth.
- Click the 'I have read the Code of Ethics and agree to comply' box, and
- Click on 'continue' to proceed to your NetID and set your password.
- Please make sure to write your NetID and Password down in a secure place as you will require this information each time you log into the MyQueen's Portal, and when completing your QCARD* registration.
- Once you have your Queen's NetID and password, you may then access QCARD. The QCARD icon can be found at the top right corner of the web page.
*QCARD is Queen's Computerized Access and Registration and Database. As an exchange student you may access QCARD to complete your registration, make changes to your address, view your marks, look at your daily class schedule, add (Queen's School of Business) or drop courses, and view your online fee account statement.
Enrolment in Courses and Timetickets
- A TIMETICKET is ONLY for Queen's School of Business Exchange Students.
- A timeticket is a period of time that is allocated to each student during which they must select their courses.
- Starting June 1, 2010 you may log into QCARD using your NetID to get your assigned start-time (also known as your Timeticket) to select your courses.
- Beginning June 18, 2010 you will be able to access the course timetable to determine when courses are being offered.
- Timetickets will be assigned to students between the dates of June 28 and July 16, 2010. When your Timeticket begins, you may log into QCARD and begin selecting courses.
- Should you have any academic questions please contact your Faculty Exchange Coordinator, Jennifer McNeely by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 'Timeticket' is NOTrequired by the following faculties;
- Faculty of Arts and Science,
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science,
- Faculty of Education, and
- Faculth of Law.
- Your course requests were included with your application. Your Faculty Exchange Coordinator will communicate directly with you regarding your course requests.
- Should you have academic questions please contact your Faculty Exchange Coordinator;
Where to Live
- Are you wondering how to find suitable accomodation in the Kingston Community and do not know where to start your search?
- Located in the Queen's University International Centre is the Queen's International Housing Office. The office offers information to all new international members of the Queen's Community regarding available resources to search for off-campus housing, clarity around housing terms, and what to be aware of before contracting to rent a particular property. http://quic.queensu.ca/incomiing/wheretolive.asp.
- Students arriving int he Fall, who do not have their permanent accomodation arrangeed, may request a temporary residence room, for CAD $32 (+tax) per night, while they conduct their housing search. Rooms are available until 12 noon Friday, September 2, 1010.
- For more information or to make a reservation (Queen's Unviersity student number required), email email@example.com by August 27th.