Seen it before - but still need to know
OSAP - Academic Progress Requirement
- The Ministry expects that all students receiving OSAP assistance successfully complete 60% of a full course load during the term for which they have received OSAP assistance (i.e., 3.0 credits over fall/winter session).
- Students who do not meet the Ministry's academic progress requirement may risk their eligibility for further OSAP funding.
- For further information, please contact the Student Awards Office.
OSAP - Course Load Requirements
- All students receiving OSAP assistance are reminded that changes to course load and/or opting out of student activity fees can create changes in OSAP assessment.
- Students must remain enrolled in a minimum of 1.5 credits in every term of study in order to remain eligible for OSAP assistance and Interest-free status.
- Before reducing a course load, students should make an appointment with an OSAP Awards Officer to go over any impact the change may have on their OSAP assistance.
OSAP for Students at BISC or on Queen's Formal Exchange
- Students departing in January 2010 should come to Student Awards Office in December 2009 prior to departing Queen's to make arrangements for 2nd OSAP installment.
- Please contact Karen Green (Karen.Green@queensu.ca) or Jennifer Kopczinski (Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have further questions or concerns.
Ontario Student Opportunity Grant (OSOG)
- The Ontario Student Opportunity Grant is available to help students reduce their annual Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loan debt by limiting a student's repayable debt to $7,000 for a two-term academic year and $10,500 for a three-term academic year. It is available at the end of each of your academic years. The grant has been available since the beginning of the 1998/1999 academic year.
- For further information please check the OSAP web site or contact the Student Awards Office.
2009-2010 Fall/Winter OSAP Application
- The OSAP 2009-2010 fall/winter application is available at http://osap.gov.on.ca.
- Students should periodically check the status of their OSAP application (via OSAP web site) to ensure their application continues to process and that there is no missing information/documentation.,
- After registering on QCARD, OSAP funding certificates are available at Student Awards located in room 225, Gordon Hall. To pick up your OSAP, you must present:
- A Social Insurance Number (SIN card),
- Government-issued photo-id, and
- A validated student card.
- Click here for important information regarding OSAP regulations that pertains to courseload, academic progress, changes in your financial circumstances, etc.
Continuation of Interest-Free Status for Previous OSAP Loans
- Students enrolled in full-time studies (for OSAP purposes defined as a minimum of 60% course load in every term of study) who have received OSAP in previous academic years and who are not receiving OSAP during the 2009 - 2010 academic year, must complete a Continuation of Interest-free Status (CIFS) form in order to keep their previous OSAP loans in interest-free status (to keep from going into repayment).
- The CIFS form is available on the OSAP web site. Please print, complete and submit the form to the Student Awards Office. This form is also available in the Student Awards Office.
- Contact the Student Awards Office, if you have any questions.