Get ready to SOAR in Summer 2013!
The Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR) program will be offered again this July 2013!
The SOAR program aims to help ease the transition of our incoming first-year students and their families. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about academic expectations, resources, learning strategies, and common student transition issues.
We hope you will join us in Kingston for a one-day summer orientation program in July to learn how to:
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved in the campus community
For students in
Arts and Science, SOAR will be held:
Thursday, July 4
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Monday, July 8
Tuesday, July 9
Thursday, July 11
Friday, July 12
Saturday, July 13
Monday, July 15 (Engineering and Applied Science only)