Get Involved - become a career mentor for graduate students
In celebration of Queen’s175th birthday in 2016, we are looking for 175 mentors. Will you be one of them?
The School of Graduate Studies is seeking volunteers to engage with current graduate students and recent grads virtually and in person on various topics that centre on career preparedness and opportunities. The objective is to enhance graduate student success.
Alumni Career Mentors support graduate student success
Different volunteer roles require different skills and competencies. Alumni mentors can be accommodated to participate in a role that suits them best. Some examples of volunteer roles:
- Becoming part of an "Ask an Alum" network (mentoring graduate students as they approach their career)
- Being part of a panel on marketing your graduate skills and training for the job market
- Being part of a panel on the lived experience (bridging your graduate studies experience with career success)
- Speaking about your road to success (and the bumps along the way)
- Participating as someone whose career path we profile on our website
- Participating in the Graduate group of Queen’s Connects – a discussion group on LinkedIn to facilitate career conversations between students and alumni.
Visit the new Queen’s Alumni Volunteer Opportunities Directory to apply for volunteer roles, submit your volunteer interests, and access helpful tools & resources. Check out opportunities for Grad Studies alumni, and apply online today!