Awards & Scholarships
Payment of your awards through direct deposit
At Queen’s University, all awards (scholarships, fellowships, prizes, QGA, etc.) administered by or through the School of Graduate Studies, are paid through direct deposit to the award holder’s bank account of record (see below). This direct deposit method is only for those internal and external awards, fellowships, scholarships, Queen’s Graduate Award (QGA), etc. administered by the School of Graduate Studies.
If you have completed registration, set up a bank account of record, and have met the eligibility requirements of your award, your funds will appear in your bank account within 5 to 7 business days after the “posted date” on the Student On-Line University System (SOLUS) (see below).
There is a separate process through your department to make arrangements for Teaching Assistantships (TAs) and Research Assistantships (RAs) to be deposited into your bank account.
Set up, change or verify your bank account of record, and review award payments in SOLUS
If you pay your tuition through the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, the bank account used for the tuition payment IS your bank account of record. If you pay your tuition in any other way you must set up a bank account of record to receive direct deposits of your award payments.
The bank account of record must be held at a valid Canadian bank. The bank account of record will receive award payments for any award you receive, for the duration of your enrolment as a graduate student.
To confirm your bank account of record or to set up banking information to receive awards through direct deposit, log onto SOLUS (through the “My.QueensU/SOLUS” login on the main page) and enter or review your banking information (bottom of the page under “enter/review bank”).
Any award installment payments are shown in SOLUS in your “Student Centre”. Scroll down to the “Finances” section, and under “Other FINANCIAL” select “Payments” to see your “Payment History”, which is a record of awards paid to date or scheduled to be paid.
The “DATE PAID” is the date that the direct deposit is INITIATED. Please note that you must add 4 to 5 business days after the “DATE PAID” date, or to the date that you have completed registration, set up your bank account of record, and/or met any other eligibility requirements, for these funds to appear in your bank account of record.
Students who transfer from full-time on campus status to part-time or inactive status are not eligible for most fellowships, scholarships and awards (including QGA). If funding has already been provided for the term(s) of proposed part-time or inactive status, that funding must be returned to the School of Graduate Studies. Changing to part-time or inactive status may impact your repayment requirements to OSAP or any other student loan provider.
Statement of Ontario Residency
* Please refer to your SGS award letter to find out which form you are required to submit.
Terms & Conditions:
- 2013-14 General Award Terms & Conditiions (PDF 22KB)
- 2013-14 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Terms & Conditions (PDF 55KB)
- 2013-14 Queen's Graduate Award (QGA) Terms & Conditions(PDF 23KB)
- 2013-14 International Tuition Award (ITA) Terms & Conditions (PDF18KB)
- 2013-14 Graduate Entrance Tuition Award (GETA) Terms & Conditions (PDF 17KB)
- 2013-14 Masters Tri Agency Recipient Recognition Awards (TARRA) Terms & Conditions (PDF 19KB)
- 2013-14 Doctoral Tri Agency Recipient Recognition Awards (TARRA) Terms & Conditions (PDF 19KB)
- 2013-14 Ontario Trillium Scholarship Terms & Conditions (PDF 24KB)
- 2013-14 R.S.McLaughlin & Franklin & Helen Bracken Fellowships Terms & Conditions (PDF 22KB)
- 2013-14 Principal's International Doctoral Award (PIDA) Terms & Conditions(PDF 22KB)