Recruiting the Best Graduate Students to Queen's
The School of Graduate Studies works closely with graduate units to develop and support recruitment strategies.
We aim to attract the highest quality candidates by promoting our graduate programs, publicizing graduate student and faculty research, advertising the opportunities that Queen's offers and providing information about opportunities after graduation.
Departments or programs are invited to develop and submit their graduate recruitment strategy (please use the "Funding Request for Recruitment Strategy Implementation 2016-17 Form" (14KB) on or before August 15th, 2016 to request support from the SGS. Examples of recruitment activities are:
- 15-30 second videos of enthusiastic professors talk about their research and opportunities for graduate student involvement
- Open house, research awareness day, meet the faculty (target fourth year undergraduates, Master’s students)
- Social media outreach
- Interactive web-based Q & A with current students, faculty, staff
- Web enhancement: profiles of past/current graduates on website - list the careers of alumni (Master’s and PhD) and include spotlights on alum (how their grad training helped shape their career); short video testimonials from current graduate students, opportunities for internships, volunteerism.
Please contact the School's Coordinator of Recruitment Activities to discuss your recruitment ideas.
- 2012-2016 Queen's Graduate Student Exit Survey - Data Visualization (to view, please download the free Tableau Reader software first.)
- Findings from the 2016 Applicant Survey - Implications for Graduate Student Recruitment