Recruiting the Best Graduate Students to Queen's
The School of Graduate Studies works closely with graduate units to develop and support recruitment strategies.
We aim to attract the highest quality candidates by promoting our graduate programs, publicizing graduate student and faculty research, advertising the opportunities that Queen's offers and providing information about opportunities after graduation.
Departments or programs are invited to develop and submit their graduate recruitment strategy (please use the "Funding Request for Recruitment Strategy Implementation 2015-16 Form" (12KB) on or before July 31, 2015 to request support from the SGS. Examples of recruitment activities are:
- Open house, research awareness day, meet the faculty (target fourth year undergraduates, Master’s students)
- Social media outreach
- Interactive web-based Q & A with current students, faculty, staff
- Market research opportunities
- Market outcomes (e.g. program in _______ provides the skills and knowledge for careers in ______)
- Web enhancement: profiles of past/current graduates on website - list careers that alumni (Master’s and PhD) have pursued on website. Track what graduates of your programs are doing post‐graduation; applicants often seek information about career options following graduate training
Please contact the School's Coordinator of Recruitment Activities to discuss your recruitment ideas.