Recruiting the Best Graduate Students to Queen's
The School of Graduate Studies works closely with graduate units to develop and support recruitment strategies.
We aim to attract the highest quality candidates by promoting our graduate programs, publicizing graduate student and faculty research, advertising the opportunities that Queen's offers and providing information about opportunities after graduation. The School provides the following support:
- Assisting with website development
- Providing subsidies for graduate units to host campus visits for promising graduate students or for faculty/staff to attend external information sessions. Please ensure you use the Recruitment Expense Reimbursement Claim Form (PDF*, 33 KB).
- Coordinating Queen's involvement in a number of graduate student recruitment fairs across Canada (link to events page on Grad Fairs attending)
- Assisting with the development of recruitment materials (including webcasts, videos and webinars, banners and program overviews).
- Writing feature articles about your graduate students and your graduate programs.
Each graduate program's market for potential students is unique. Please contact the School's Coordinator of Recruitment Activities to discuss your recruitment ideas.