How Graduate Students Register
All graduate students must be registered in the School of Graduate Studies in order for them to attend classes, defend their thesis and receive financial awards and assistance.
NB: New students will be sent an email with instructions on registering. Full instructions will be forthcoming
Registration must be renewed annually up to and including the term of completion or withdrawal.
Registration for New Graduate Students
- Please direct new international students to the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC) to enrol in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) before they pre-register.
- After accepting an offer, new students must make their fee payment arrangements by September 1 (Fall term) and January 1st (winter term). The details of the fee payment options and deadline dates are available through the Office of the University Registrar.
- When registration is complete, students who have set up banking information receive the direct deposit of their award payment. This payment occurs according to the schedule that students can view on SOLUS.
- New graduate students can obtain their Queen's Student Photo Identification Card during the first week of September.
Registration for Returning Graduate Students
- Returning international graduate students must go to QUIC to update their UHIP before they pre-register.
- All returning students must make their fee payment arrangements by September 1. At that time, they also ensure that any outstanding debts have been paid and if required, submit documentation about any third-party funding agencies that are covering their tuition assessment to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Returning students can then start receiving their scheduled awards payments by direct deposit to their bank account of record.
- Returning students update their Queen's Student Photo Identification Card annually for validation in late August to early September.