Mathematics & Physical Sciences Master's Degree Resources
These resources will assist the following graduate programs and departments with thesis-based masters' degrees:
||Geological Sciences & Geological Engineering*
||Mathematics & Statistics*
||Physics, Engineering Physics & Astronomy*
All files are in PDF format, which can be viewed using Adobe Reader.
Resources for Master's Exams
Resources for Chairs
Resources for Examiners and Supervisors:
- Thesis Formatting (167 KB)
All graduate theses or dissertations MUST conform to the minimum style and form requirements as detailed in the General Forms of Theses.
Note: There are a couple of templates that have been designed to assist students in formatting their theses according to the Thesis Formatting and Preparation guidelines.
- Regulations & Report Form (57 KB)
- The decision of each examiner as to whether or not the examination is to proceed is to be received by the departmental graduate assistant no later than 3 working days prior to the examination.
- In case of a positive decision, a report, if provided, can be submitted up to the time of the examination.
- In case of a negative decision, a report must accompany the decision. This report must provide substantive reasons why the thesis should not proceed to examination.
Forms students must submit prior to oral exam: Your student must submit the following forms, completed and signed prior to the oral examination.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the FINAL thesis is submitted electronically and approved by the School of Graduate Studies, and the student has NOT selected the option to "restrict from publication", the thesis will be available on QSpace worldwide within minutes.
back to top