Orientation - 2015/16 Academic Year
Whether you are a new or current student, as your academic year approaches, there is lots for you to do to get ready. Below is a summary of tasks and events to help you start your graduate degree with as much information as possible.
We hope to see you at the Welcome and Resource Fair on September 8th!
NB: Don't forget to keep checking back for updates
Checklist for new graduate students
- Acceptance of offer - new students, don't forget to respond to our offer of admission and let us know if you have accepted our offer.
- Pay your tuition fees- confirm your method of payment by the deadlines set.
- Registration for students - Graduate courses are normally selected in consultation with your supervisor and/or departmental graduate coordinator.
- Medical Insurance - international students, you & your dependents must sign up for UHIP immediately upon arrival.
- Find a place to live - Queen's has graduate housing both on and off campus. These places fill quickly and have deadlines to apply. Don't waste time, look now.
- Familiarize yourself with what graduate student support systems Queen's has to offer
- International Students take note of the information on the QUIC website for incoming students as well as the International Student Handbook (PDF 2 MB)
- Mark your calendars for graduate and program specific orientations. Come to the Welcome and Resource Fair on September 8th!
NB: Watch last years information session - "Strategies to Success",