Skills of Communication
Part of the Expanding Horizons Workshop series
The ability to access information and connect with people from around the world at any time is evolving, however we still need to have face-to-face contact. Not only is that how we build deep relationships but it is also beneficial in advancing our work. Research has shown that interacting for only 10 minutes a day improves cognitive performance.
Fine-tune your ability to communicate in academia and industry! We encourage you to take this opportunity to experience first-hand, the power of effective communication whether it be communicating your research through presentation or working within teams.
- Identify obstacles and common mistakes in communication methods
- Learn how to pinpoint your own communication barriers and strategies on how to overcome them
- Learn how to develop focused attention and conversations
- Understand social intelligence and changing outcomes in a more positive way
- Recognize the impact of ineffective communication on teams and workflow
- Understand business conduct principles and how to have difficult conversations
- R.E.A.L Conversation™