Brendon Gurd, Ph.D.
- transcriptional regulation of mitochondrial content and the role of exercise in mediating this regulation
- the importance of intramuscular localization on transcriptional regulation and muscle function
- acute changes in mitochondrial and metabolic function following exercise
- the changes that occur in the factors outlined above in obesity and Type II diabetes
Learn more about Brendon Gurd, Ph.D.
Kyra Pyke, Ph.D.
functional and structural responses of the arterial system to blood flow and exercise
- impact of stress on cardiovascular function and health
- autonomic control of cardiovascular function
Research Lab - Cardiovascular Stress Response Lab
Learn more about Kyra Pyke, Ph.D.
Robert Ross, Ph.D.
- the study of cardiovascular and metabolic responses and/or adaptations to acute or chronic physical activity
- role of physical activity in cardiovascular and metabolic function in health and disease
- impact of diet and exercise on metabolic diseases
- oxygen delivery to exercising muscle in health and disease
Learn more about Robert Ross, Ph.D.
Michael Tschakovsky, Ph.D.
- Cardiovascular and metabolic responses and adaptations to acute and chronic physical activity
- Control mechanisms responsible for regulation of exercising muscle blood flow and oxygen delivery
- Impact of disease on cardiovascular support of exercising muscle
Learn more about Michael Tschakovsky, Ph.D.