Steps to prepare your human research ethics documentation
Steps to submit ethics applications for review:
- Student applicant prepare your research proposal, methods, and questionnaire(s) as applicable.
- Student applicant meet with graduate supervisor to review material for accuracy and completeness.
- Student applicant click here to complete the TRAQ Registration.
- SKHS Unit REB review and approve student submission - student applicant is now ready to upload application and all attachments to TRAQ.
- Student applicant Log In to TRAQ using Queen's Net ID and password and complete the steps in sequence.
- Student applicant hit SUBMIT to finalize submission to TRAQ.
SKHS has a Unit Research Ethics Board (Unit REB) that assists in processing all research related documentation. Your documentation will be reviewed by the Unit REB for accuracy, completeness, and to ensure that it follows are required policies, procedures and guidelines established by the University. The SKHS Unit REB Subcommittee will use a checklist to ensure your submission meets those standards. To assist you in preparing your ethics documentation submission to the highest standard, please review the SKHS Unit REB Reviewer's Checklist available here.
Steps to be completed by SKHS Unit REB
- Review by the SKHS Unit REB will be completed within three weeks of your submission
- You will receive notification via email if your submission requires edits
- Low risk projects will by reviewed and approved by the SKHS Unit REB
- Higher risk projects will be forwarded to the General Research Ethics Board (GREB) for review and approval
- Where your project is sent for review by GREB you will receive notification via ROMEO. Further discussion will take place between the student and GREB directly
- SKHS Unit REB will receive an approval letter for SKHS files
Upon receipt of written approval from the appropriate level of review - Unit REB or GREB - you may proceed with your project.
Some ethics projects will require approval through the Health Sciences Research Board - details available here.