Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies SKILLS
The BA(H) HLTH programs will enable students to graduate with the following skills (see above):
- Literacy - the ability to write and verbally communicate in a manner consistent with the demands of a professional workplace.
- Information-finding skills - the ability to search for information in various manners such as library and/or database searches.
- Awareness of health issues - students have
learned different aspects health care issues and how these impact on
various populations in society.
- Critical evaluation - students are trained
to evaluate the quality of a position and to evaluate its strengths
- Perspectives - students will be able to apply various perspectives to a health issue using different schools of thought.
- Computer literacy - graduates will gain
experience with computers for report writing, spreadsheet usage,
internet experience, email and so on.
- The foundations of knowledge necessary to
progress to other professional pursuits (i.e. teaching, health
professions, policy professions).
Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies CAREER PATHS
The following are just some of the careers available to a BA(H) HLTH graduate. For a complete listing go to Career Services, HLTH Studies.
- Addictions research
- Adventure-based medicine
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetic Counselling
- Health Promotion
- Human Ecology
- Industrial Hygiene & Safety
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Occupational or Physical Therapy
- Public Administration
- Special Needs Education
Ontario Health Promotion: Job Listings