Transfer to Physical and Health Education is only available to current Queen's Arts & Science students (see below).
NOTE: Decisions are based on GPA on the following requirements. Only 2-5 students are normally accepted on a yearly basis.
Required courses for admission to the BPHE (Honours) program are:
- 4U English (or equivalent)
- 4U Biology (or equivalent)
- 4U Exercise Science (or equivalent) is strongly recommended if available.
Basis of Admission
- Overall university cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 (internal Queen's applicants).
- You should have a genuine interest in the field of physical activity, health and personal wellness (i.e. career paths in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Health, Fitness, related disciplines or professional schools, etc.).
Application Process and Deadline for ASC & BSCH KIN Students
Request Plan: May 11-22, 2015 (see Arts & Science Important Dates website).
- First-year students make the program request for Physical Health Education on SOLUS. As this primary request puts them on a pending list for PHE, SOLUS will also require students to select an alternate plan as their secondary choice. Students should refer to the material posted on the Going into Second Year ASC website.
- Upper-year students make the request through a link on the Arts & Science Changes to your Program/Plan website. [The Request Program Change website is only available two weeks a year, see above dates].
- Note: No supplemental material is required for the requests.
Decisions: May 25 - June 5, 2015
- All decisions are made as quickly as possible, in the two weeks subsequent to the Program/Plan selection period (see above).
- Note: Decisions are made on the basis of academic performance at Queen's.
Application Process and Deadline for Cross-Faculty and External Transfer Students
- Upper-year transfer to Physical Health Education is closed to cross-faculty and external transfer students (effective September 2014).
Recommended (but not Required for Admission) University Courses
- PSYC 100/6.0 (supporting course for BPHE (Honours) degree)
- HLTH 101/3.0
- 9.0 Arts and Science course units.
Number of Transfer Students Accepted
- Generally up to five transfer students are accepted each year. The number of offers is directly related to how many spaces are available in the programs for the upcoming year and the quality of the applicant pool.
- First preference to switch programs is given to students already in a BSCH SSP KINE at Queen's.
- Queen's students should select courses through course selection in their current program of study. If accepted into the BPHE (Honours) program, each student will be contacted to individualize their registration.
- Students will be expected to complete as much of the first-year core as possible in their first transfer year.
- Students who have not yet taken PSYC 100/6.0 should register for it during course enrolment.
Other Relevant Time Lines
- Decision making process occurs in mid- to late June.
Dual and Second Degrees
- Queen's does not accept applications in Physical Health Education for dual or second degrees.