TRANSFER INFORMATION SESSION
Date: TBA in mid-March 2014 Time: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: KINES 107 (28 Division Street)
Required courses for admission to the BPHE (Honours) program are:
- 4U English (or equivalent)
- 4U Biology (or equivalent)
- 4U Exercise Science (or equivalent) is strongly recommended if available.
Basis of Admission
- Overall university cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (internal Queen's applicants).
- High school average will be looked at (for transfer requests following first year) but does not receive the same level of consideration as one's university average.
- Genuine interest in the field of physical activity, health and personal wellness (i.e. career paths in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Health, Fitness, related disciplines or professional schools, etc.).
Application Process and Deadline for ASC & BSCH KIN Students
Application Process and Deadline for Cross-Faculty and External Transfer Students
- Upper-year transfer to Physical Health Education is closed to cross-faculty and external transfer students (effective September 2014).
Recommended (but not Required for Admission) University Courses
- PSYC 100/6.0 (supporting course for BPHE (Honours) degree)
- HLTH 101/3.0
- 9.0 Arts and Science course units.
Number of Transfer Students Accepted
- Generally up to five transfer students are accepted each year. The number of offers is directly related to how many spaces are available in the programs for the upcoming year and the quality of the applicant pool.
- First preference to switch programs is given to students already in a BSCH SSP KINE at Queen's.
- Queen's students should select courses through course selection in their current program of study. If accepted into the BPHE (Honours) program, each student will be contacted to individualize their registration.
- Students will be expected to complete as much of the first-year core as possible in their first transfer year.
- Students who have not yet taken PSYC 100/6.0 should register for it during course enrolment.
Other Relevant Time Lines
- Decision making process occurs in mid- to late June.
Dual and Second Degrees
- Queen's does not accept applications in Physical Health Education for dual or second degrees.