New to Facebook? Not sure where to start? Check out the resources below to help you get started:
- Facebook Page Terms [Facebook]
- The Facebook Guidebook
- The Beginner's Guide to Facebook
- How to Set Up a Facebook Page for Business
- Getting started with Facebook Pages [Facebook]
- Timeline Checklist for Facebook Pages
- Getting started with Facebook Groups [Facebook]
- 29 Steps to Running an Effective Facebook Page [Checklist]
- 12 Things Students Should Never Do on Social Media
- Tips for Running Successful Facebook Contests. Before you decide to run a contest make sure you know the rules or you run the risk of being banned.
- 5 Facebook Pages That Will Keep You Up-To-Date on Facebook’s Ever-Changing Platform
- One Simple Way To Improve Your Content Sharing On Facebook
Latest Facebook updates
Timeline: Facebook has started rolling out improvements to timeline, including a cleaner layout and added emphasis to photos and videos. What can you do to stay current with the changes? Be sure to post visual content as much as possible and update your cover photo frequently.
Cover Image: You can now include any of the following on your Facebook Fan Page Cover Image:
- price/purchase information,
- calls to action,
- contact info,
- web addresses,
- phone numbers,
- like or share,
- arrows to like your page, etc.
BUT keep in mind the they still state that cover photos can't have more than 20% text. Read the Facebook Page terms here.
Not sure if your Page cover has less than 20% text? You can use this automated tool on the Social Identities website.
Commenting system: Facebook has rolled out a commenting system which includes threaded conversations and a ranking algorithm meant to put the most relevant and high quality comments first. A key feature of the new comments is the option to reply to a specific comment.
Tips: Images are two times more engaging than status updates, aim for posts wiht 80 characters or less to help Facebook users' attention. View the "Facebook Page Administration" presentation to learn more.