Blakely Student Initiatives Fund
The Blakely Family Gift provides for a Blakely Family Student Initiatives Fund to support student participation in projects devoted to the principles of personal growth and/or community service. Projects should provide educational opportunities such as participation in exchanges, competitions, internships, symposia, conferences and seminars.
The Fund's Income Account shall be used to provide modest grants to students based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students registered in a degree program in the Department of Sociology.
- The activity must be non-profit in nature.
- Applicants should provide a clear sense of the activity's purpose, which will be evaluated against the objectives of the Blakely Fund.
- Applicants must provide a budget for the activity.
- Those students that provide evidence of efforts to obtain financial assistance from elsewhere will be viewed more favourably.
- Since a positive public image for the Department of Sociology and Queen's University is desirable, applicants should identify how and/or where the project will support this image.
- Successful applicants are expected to report in writing to the Head of Department after the completion of their activity. The report should summarize the activity undertaken, and include copies of media coverage; a financial statement listing budget versus actual figures, and any other information that might be of interest to the Dean.
Please see Blakely Student Initiatives Fund
for guidelines and application. Submit to Wendy Schuler at email@example.com