Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Program Registration

New graduate students must register in person at the beginning of their first year. Notice of registration deadlines are distributed to new students by the School of Graduate Studies and Research and/or the University Registrar. Fee payments are due prior to formal registration (i.e. by 15 August).

All continuing students must formally register each year for next full academic year until they have successfully completed all requirements of their program of study.

Continuing students must preregister each spring on SOLUS, Queen’s University’s on-line student information system. Each fall students must confirm their continuing registration status. Preregistration materials are distributed in the spring.

Any student with a debt to the University will not be permitted to register or to receive examination results, official transcripts, or marks reports until the outstanding account is settled in full or until an acceptable arrangement for settling the account is made by the Department(s) concerned. In no case will a diploma be released to a student with a debt to the University.


Continuing graduate students pre-register electronically on SOLUS.
New students....

Late Registration

Students who have not pre-registered and paid fees before August 16 will be liable for a late registration charge unless they have previously been permitted to do so by the Registrar of the Graduate School.

Failure to Register

A graduate student who fails to register for any term will be considered to have withdrawn from the program of study. For readmission, the student must make formal application to the School of Graduate Studies and the School of Policy Studies.

The Department may recommend, and the Division may approve, the student's readmission to the program. On readmission, the Department will define the period of time the student will be allowed for degree completion. Readmission fees may apply.

Change of Registration

Any change in biographical information may be reported on SOLUS, or it must be recorded by the student on a biographic change form and submitted to the Office of the University Registrar. Such changes should also be reported in writing to the Teaching Programs Office, School of Policy Studies.

All changes in a student's program of study must be approved by the Department and the Division, and must be reported by the student on an Academic Change Form.

School of Policy Studies, Robert Sutherland Hall
Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.3020