Kingston is located on the shores of Lake Ontario between Toronto and Montreal, just south of the 401. When traveling to Queen's by car, we recommend taking the Sir. John A. MacDonald Blvd. exit off the 401 south to Union St. Both Grant Hall, where the welcome reception will take place, and Duncan McArthur Hall, where the remainder of the conference will take place, are easily accessed from Union St. Please use your preferred resource, such as Google Maps or your personal GPS for specific instructions.
Grant Hall, 43 University Ave., Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6
Duncan McArthur Hall, 511 Union St., Kingston, ON, K7M 5R7
With more than 20 trains stopping in Kingston each day from Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or other smaller towns along the way, train is a fast and comfortable way to travel. The Kingston station is a 10-minute dive to campus and to downtown. VIA Rail Canada is participating as a major ground transportation company for “STLHE 2014” and are pleased to offer the following pertaining to conference fares:
- June 14-23, 2014
- From all stations throughout the VIA system to Kingston, Ontario and return.
- Fare applies to a maximum of two passengers per booking.
- One complimentary stopover is allowed at no additional charge.
- For travel on all fare plans in Business class, the first stopover is allowed at no additional charge, provided that this stopover takes place in Toronto, Montréal or Ottawa only.
- 10% off the best available fare in Economy, Economy Plus, Business, Business Plus, Sleeper, or Sleeper Plus class.
- "Subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional discount is being applied."
- Discount does not apply in any Escape Class fares.
Online Booking Tips
- You have to log in to your profile, or create one prior to booking.
- On the Passenger information screen, select "Convention fare" from the “Discount Type” drop-down menu, and enter the discount code for STLHE 2014 (12838) or event in the “Discount code” field.
- The conference fare will be shown on the next page.
For those travelling by air, there are five convenient airports: Kingston’s Norman Rogers Airport (YGK) offers flights directly to and from Kingston; Watertown International Airport (ART) is 47 km from Kingston, just across the border in the United States; Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW) is 138 km northeast of Kingston; Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is 240 km west of Kingston; and Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport (YUL) is 290 km east.
Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline for STLHE 2014 and if offering a 10% discount. To book a flight into Kingston (YGK) from Tuesday, June 10, 2014 to Friday, June 27, 2014 access Air Canada and enter promotion code MQPJZ6E1 into the search panel. A minimum of 10 delegates is required traveling from various origins to the same destination within Air Canada's extensive North American and international network. Customers will benefit from an instant online registration and enjoy a ten per cent discount on eligible fares. No discount will apply to Tango and Executive Class lowest bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
West Jet is pleased to offer a 10% discount off their best available Flex fare at the time of booking including Econo and Plus fares (i.e. seat sales and web fares). The discount is valid for WestJet flights into and out of Toronto, Ottawa, Kitchener or Hamilton Ontario using code CC8279 for STLHE 2014. Contact WestJet Groups department at 1-888-493-7853 between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. The discounted rates are available for travel up to seven days prior to and seven days after the conference. For travel outside of these dates, they will offer the best available fare at the time of booking.
Kingston’s bus terminal is a 10-minute drive from Queen’s campus and from downtown Kingston. Private bus companies, Greyhound Canada and Megabus, provide services to Kingston from a number of cities in Ontario. For information on these locations, schedules, and fares, please visit http://www.greyhound.ca/ and http://ca.megabus.com/LandingCanada.aspx.
Dual campus parking passes: $21.00 per week.
Parking on both main and west campus will be provided to delegates at a weekly rate of $21.00 per vehicle. For those who choose to stay in either of our residences on main-campus, this will cover parking at both locations.
West campus parking passes: $16.95 per week.
This parking pass will be sufficient for those attending the conference who are not staying on campus. This does not cover the cost of parking at your chosen off-campus accommodation.