Division Goals 2012-2013
The Student Learning Experience
- To support the university’s enrolment goals working with faculties and departments to recruit, admit, support and retain high quality domestic and international undergraduate students, including first generation, international and under- represented students;
- To enhance student engagement through increased opportunities in co-curricular learning, experiential learning and leadership opportunities in an inclusive environment that fosters global mindedness;
- To provide specific programming and support to prospective and first year students to ensure their successful transition to university studies, and to enhance learning strategies support for students in all years; and
- To enhance the student experience by providing excellent service to students in their interactions with all student services, ensure broad communication to enhance student awareness of campus supports, events, deadlines etc. and ensure broad recognition of student achievement to enhance the visibility and profile of the university.
Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary
- To continue to foster partnerships and collaborations with faculties/schools, student government, campus units and the broader community and ensure coordination across the Student Affairs portfolio.
Reaching Beyond Globalism Diversity and Inclusion at Queen’s
- To support the university’s enrolment goals working with faculties and departments to recruit, admit, support and retain high quality domestic and international undergraduate students, including first generation, international and under-represented students.
- To monitor revenue and expenses of the Student Affairs units to ensure compliance with university budget parameters and to grow revenue in Athletics and Recreation to provide more funding for departmental priorities.