Vision, Mandate, Mission
The vision of the Division of Student Affairs is to provide excellent support and service for students from their first point of contact with the university through to graduation.
Mandate and Mission
Our mandate is to provide a wide range of programs and services to:
- Recruit and support students through the application process and assist in the management of university enrolment;
- Promote student development and learning;
- Foster student health and wellness;
- Enhance the student experience at Queen’s; and
- Contribute to the creation of an environment for student success and student engagement in academic pursuits and the co-curricular life of the University.
The activities of Student Affairs are based on the values that a safe, active, caring, respectful, inclusive, healthy and supportive campus and a sense of community increase students' learning, personal growth, retention, and engagement as alumni.
The following values guide our activities, and influence the strategic allocation of resources:
The work of the Division of Student Affairs reinforces the university’s academic mission and contributes to the broader learning environment.
Our core activities are divided into the following main areas:
- Athletics and Recreation
- Health, Counselling and Disability Services
- Housing and Ancillary Services
- Office of the University Registrar
- Queen's University International Centre
- Student Life and Learning
- Student Services and Community Relations.