Bounce Back Facilitators
Recruitment for the 2016-17 academic year will begin in July 2016.
Who are Bounce Back Facilitators?
Bounce Back Facilitators are trained upper-year students (3rd year or above) who have skills and experience that can help first-year students get back on track academically.
Bounce Back Facilitators work one-on-one with participants to:
- Help them reflect on their first semester
- Explore stressors and coping skills
- Assess study skills
- Help them set goals and develop strategies to achieve those goals
- Help them develop learning strategies and an individual learning plan
- Access on-campus support services
Bounce Back Facilitators do not provide:
- Counselling services
- Subject-specific tutoring
How do we recruit Bounce Back Facilitators?
Recruitment and hiring for incoming Facilitators takes place in early July of each year. Interviews are conducted in August.
We look for facilitators who are friendly, good listeners, involved on-campus and have experience with academic and/or personal struggle. Familiarity with the university and its existing support services is an asset.
Student Academic Success Services offers full training and ongoing support to all facilitators. All facilitators are required to attend mandatory training sessions prior to the beginning of the program.