Brian Yealland Community Leadership Award
Nominations for 2018 will open later this year:
Save completed nomination form on your computer then send as an email attachment to: email@example.com
Named in honour of Brian Yealland, the Chaplain at Queen’s University for 32 years, the Brian Yealland Community Leadership Award will be presented annually to Queen’s students who make a significant contribution to society by working with and encouraging youth who are experiencing social, behavioral, economic or other challenges by helping them realize their worth as individuals and their potential to achieve.
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Recognition is for demonstrated leadership and initiative in a volunteer capacity.
- Must be associated with a campus or local community-based organization.
- Student must have good academic and non-academic standing.
- Self nominations not accepted
A strong nomination will demonstrate:
- Breadth of impact
- Contributions above and beyond what would normally be expected
- Length of contribution
- Support for nomination
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee coordinated by the Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs. Recipients and nominators will be notified. Other nominators, please check website for the recipient announcement.
Number of Awards:
A maximum of two awards conferred in March of each calendar year.
- Recipient(s) will be recognized at a Student Engagement Reception sponsored by the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Recipient's name(s) will be engraved on a plaque mounted on campus.