Peer Leadership Award
Congratulations to 2014 Recipients Sean Doherty and Roopa Suppiah! Read more about their achievements!
2015 Nominations are now closed! Thank you to all of those who submitted nominations. The recipients will be announced in late March 2015.
2016 nominations will open in early 2016.
Deadline to submit your applications: (Nomination period:
Save completed nomination form on your computer, then send as an email attachment to: email@example.com
The Peer Leadership Award will be presented annually to Queen’s students who, through their commitment, skill, dedication and interest in helping others, have exemplified excellence in peer-to-peer assistance and outreach.
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Recognition is for demonstrated leadership in peer assistance and outreach.
- Must be employed/associated with a Queen’s University program or service.
- Academic standing is also a consideration for this award.
A strong nomination will demonstrate:
- Breadth of impact
- Contributions above and beyond what would normally be expected
- Length of contribution
- Support for nomination
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee coordinated by the Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs. The nominee’s unofficial transcript will be accessed by the Office of the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs to confirm the student is in good academic standing.
Number of Awards:
A maximum of two awards conferred in March of each calendar year
- Recipient(s) will be recognized at Student Engagement Reception sponsored by the Vice-Provost and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Recipient's name(s) will be engraved on a plaque mounted on campus.